Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Xmas !!

At the begining I thought that it was going to be a lonely and kind of sad christmas, without my family, friends and PL. However, the last sunday (18th of december) 2 friends arrove from Cologne and Dortmund (Both from Medellin and from the same university as me), and on thursday (23th of dec) Veronica that's another friend that's studying in Belgium (Same university as me in Medellin) came, my roomate took off, Perfect!
First of all we went to make some shopping in Lorrach (Germany), IT WAS MY MISTAKE to buy all of that goods at the same time. The thing is that it was very heavy and we were only 3 guys.., also Luis forgot his passport and when we came back he got stopped by the customs.., and the normal blah blah blah.., until we manage to get inside switzerland again.
We were not even in the middle of the way and we were completely drained of energy, exhausted !! So I decided to try to go and search for a shopping cart somewhere (its very common to find them here arround the city).. I searched for 1 hour and nothing !!! That's bad !! So we started carrying everything until we arrove to the tram station, waited for it and then took it. When we got to Feldbergstrasse (tram station) we went out prepared to take another tram (of course we had to walk maybe 200 mts to get it) and as a miracle I found a shopping cart !!! We put everything there and headed to my flat. JuanE wanted to see the junkies so we went by the place where they're all the time, but we were unable to see not even one. It was difficult to drive that shopping cart because the floor was full of snow, well, it was hard ice actually..., so it was making plenty of noise. We manage to arrove at home at 11:00 PM taking in mind that we went to Lorrach at 6:00 PM it was a LONGGGGG time.
That night and the rest of them Luis and JuanE slept on the floor fn my room (poor of them, but I was going to experience the same pain in a couple of days). The next day I went to work and I met them afterwards..., it was like 6:30 PM or 7:00 PM I can't remember exactly, the fact is that we met on one of the bridges and it was near the red light district which Luis was looking forward to go to. When I met them, they were kind of "happy" (they were drinking redbull vodka). We went to Mark's computer store to get something for this pair of "junkies". They both got satisfied there, and after that we left directly to the "red light district". JuanE was always the first one in enter on those places.., I think he's a PRO on this topic..., however in one of those he went directly to one girl called "Renata", she was from Romania and she spoke spanish.., so we spent there some time talking with her.., I got treatened by the main lady (the one that keeps the business running) because I wasn't driking anything, so I ordered a beer which tasted like hell and ultra-expensive. Talking and talking with renata she told us that she used to charge 100 CHF for her services plus 50 CHF (You have to buy her some champagne), cheap, isn't her? The next thing that she told us was that she used to charge more to the old people, why ??? I've got no idea.., maybe they've to do more thing to make that "rusty machine" work !!!!!!!.
After having a nice chat we left and in our way we crashed with a "latino shop", we entered and there was some salsa music playing, JuanE started dancing inmediatly like if he were on the "tibiri", long steps, moving his head..., the guy was crazy, like a junkie !!! I got some platanos and PAID them..., then we headed to the door when JuanE extended his hand without even looking back and took a Platano and started running. Thanks god nobody in that latino shop saw him, because there was a warning where it said that if they caught somebody stealing they would take "drastic meausres". We headed home and when we were almost there, we saw a small pond with ice in the middle, so JuanE beleived that he could manage to jump on it and get on the other side safetly. The deal was that he would do it if Luis also jumped. I was toooo drunk to even try, so I just kept their wallets, cameras, etc. JuanE made the first try, he fell onto the water like a baby..., jajajjajajajajjajaja, the ice of course broke and he got completely wet !!!! After that Luis did the same... We headed fast to home.., I wasn't sure if they were able to make it.
The next day they're shoes were completely wet, so they had to use bags as a second sock to protect themselves agains the humidity.
Veronica arrived on thursday, we picked up her on the station and headed home...., later on went to Bar Rouge and had a VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cool House party..., also some pretty good margaritas !! We arrove home at 3 AM.
NExt day (24th of dec) we went to lorrach again to buy the xmas food but for our sourprise everything was closed.., so we headed home again, and I was thinking on something to Improvise. When we finally got home Andrew (A gringo) and Ricardo (another guy from Colombia - Bogota) were waiting for use here..., so we came into. I prepared a yummy spaguetis with 2 kinds of delicious sauces..., everybody liked them...., it was the best thing I could do considering the contents of my fridge. Veronica got completely drunk, so we were !!!! At 3AM we headed to fame (A club) until 4 AM with no success..., later on we went to my office to make some phone calls to our parents, arriving at home at 5:00 AM. It was a very cool and different christmas..., I fell sleep.
The next day JuanE and Luis went to see Luzern and I stayed with Veronica at home watching movies all the afternoon.., we were quite tired, we also spent that night watching movies when the guys arrove.
On Sunday they all left..., and I felt alone. I missed them so much. It was very cool to spend all this time with you JuanE, Luis and Vero.

No comments: