Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Microsoft EULA, what a Joke !

Today, I installed the MSN Desktop Search (Beta), and took the time to read the EULA (End User Liscence Agreement), and I found it very interesting, just take a look at this part:

"...We may change this contract at any time. You must review this contract on a regular basis. You can find a link to the most recent version of the contract at http://toolbar.msn.com/. The changed contract is in effect immediately. If you do not agree to changes in the contract, then you must stop using the MSN Software. If you do not stop using the MSN Software, then your use of the MSN Software will continue under the changed contract...."

So, if it means that they can change the contract at any time they want, whats the deal then ?

Lets imagine that my company signs a contract with yours (I sell roses and you buy roses), and when wer'e going to sign it I say: "Ok, I can change this contract whenever I want without telling you, you will have to ask me if I did it or not". Think that for a minute..., will you sign the contract ?

Is this a Win-Win situation ?
It's all about money.., each day I'm more convinced about that fact !

No comments: