Sunday, December 19, 2004

Is the Boxing a Sport?

Well, yesterday night I was just watching a spanish movie on "TVE (Television Espanola)" and after it finished they started with something that I did not like much, so I continue changing channels until I stoped on a sport one (thats a miracle, because I dont enjoy watching sports), well, the thing is that they were showing a boxing match and I just started watching it (dont know why....) and the next question arrove to my mind... "Is the boxing a Sport?". Dog's fights are not allowed or at least are illegal, any kind of animal fight is illegal these days.., so then, why they do allow people to fight? I do know that they wear this gloves, but it doesn't mean anything at all. The match was between a US gay and a korean one (this was the final). It happens then that the Korean one was covered with blood on his face while his wife and daughter (12 years old) were watching that. His wife was crying and you can tell that his daughter wanted to get inside the match and take his daddy away. I can't beleive how the mediums like the press, the newspapers, the television can be that NO SENSIBLE and show that kind of things. Why don't you focus only on the match? Why do you have to show the suffering of his family? Whats the point? Sell More? Gather more audience?. And then people ask why people is that violent these days, why etics and values are on the floor, why people doesn't tolerate each other and I can go on and on writing about this. When the match was over (I don't know a lot of boxing, but the thing is that none of them went to the floor, they just said that the winner was the US guy "Markus Meyer" I dont even know why I do remember his name) the TV showed the face of his wife again taking away all that stress and tears out, because her husband was now not going to receive any more hits. This was a sad image. And then is when I ask myself again: Is the boxing a sport? And then the only answer that I found is: It's all about money, like always.

No comments: