Monday, December 13, 2004

Traveling arround Switzerland..

This was my last travel here in Switzerland, also in Europe.., and what could be better than traveling with some of my old friends from Colombia ?
They all came on Friday afternoon, except for Veronica that came to my flat on thursday night.. We spent the friday doing some sightseeing (Here in Basel I even saw things that I didn't see before), we also did some shopping (supplies for the travel) and laugh as usual. The next day we woke up at 6:00 AM, got ready and then we took off from my flat directly to Grindelwald, there we spent 4 cool hours doing also some sightseeing, poveda did a nice 180° on the ice, Mario nice try !! you need more practice boy !!, later on we went to luzern, saw the most relevant places and after that we met with Mario's brother and girldfriend, did more sightseeing and later we went to Zürick, Poveda and Mario got onto their "best outfit" (You can see the picture of both of them underneath this text, they're wearing a 60's 70's outfit) and I was just and simply surprised because they went unnoticed in the masses, I COULDN'T BELEIVE THAT! People here is used to dress that crazy (Particularly on the SBB) or at least the way they do is crazy for me according to my world perception.., however this was lot of fun to see this guys wearing a long 70's leather jacket, and a hat that seemed to came from an old school train driver, lot's of fun... Later on, we met some more people from Colombia of course, stayed in a bar and then we went to Gaston's place where we slept, I was very tired after all that traveling, so I got inmediatly into bed.
The next day we woke up early and went to "La Gruyere" located on the French Part of switzerland..., it's very particular to see how the language do change in a couple of kilometers inside the country. "La Gruyere" is the place where the famous Swiss Cheese is made. I always wanted to see that.., very interesting by the way.
Later on we went to a small castle on a hill, and when we were leaving the parking place, Mario that was driving by that time thought that he was in a rally or something and he sped up, and when we were almost out of it, the police stopped us ! Now what ! A 200 CHF fine for that !! "It's a touristic place and your'e not supposed to do that here" those were they words !! I was thinking on everything that you can imagine except that Mario was going to brive a Swiss Police Officer..., and I tought that the only ones that were able to be bribed were the Colombian ones !! In the end he gave them 40 CHF and they allowed us to leave (There's a pic in the collage).
We headed then to Geneva.., and in the way there Poveda did fart on the car..., that was unbelievable !!!!!!!!!! My respects for you !!!! You're the master !!!! ..., in a matter of second the "concentrated gas" did spread in the whole car, not even opening the windows the smell went out !!! What did you eat ???? I was fearing for the life of all of us...., this "fart" was with an enormous power !! Actually, I think that is the strongest one I've smelt in my life !.
After getting "disitoxicated" we arrove at geneva, where we spent the rest of the day, saw the ONU, UNICEF, the old town and then headed back to Basel. (No more farts please!)
That trip was the best.., except for the Music of course ! But what can I do, the world is not perfect !
Also, I learned something: (you can take it as an advice as well) The next you travel with poveda buy a "Gas Mask", you'll need it !


No comments: