Monday, July 24, 2006

ARRGGHGHHHHHHH !!!

I just called EPM which is my internet provider because my speed is not fast enough, I have 700kb/s and I´m getting just 89kb/s !! So I called and I´m just sourprised the answers that I´m getting from level 1 (The last guy that I talked with told me that the internet speed can´t be measured in bytes, only in bits, that bytes are only for storage!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I just asked him to put me with next level....)..., I´m just tired of having to call at least 3 or 4 times a week..., and the worst thing of all is that I have to go throughout level 1 people each time I call, they´re only following a procedure.., I know that.., but please EPM PIMP my internet connection or at least give me the speed that I´m paying for !!!

2 comments:

Camilo Duque Velásquez said...

Esteban:
1 byte = 8 bits
700Kbits = 700/8 kBytes = 87,5 kBps

The difference is in the prefix kBps and kbps.
kbps is for kilo bits per second
kBps is for kilo bytes per second

That's why you really have the speed connection you pray for.

Enjoy ;)

PS: 1 nibble = 4 bits
LOL

Esteban 8A said...

Pfff, you didn´t understand "pal".