Monday, April 03, 2006

+/-

I took all of these pictures last weekend in a Neighborhood called Carambolas,

located in a very poor zone of the city.
I´ve never seen before anybody so happy because he or she is going to be
photographed !! This kids enjoyed every single part of the process..., I wish
sometimes I could do the same.....



I feel a lot of sorry for them, they are children with no oportunities at all even
if there´s some people that say that they have plenty of them, a lot of missing
things on their lifes like LOVE, sometimes their parents can´t pay enough atention
to them because of the long hours that they have to work just to earn a minimum
salary (today is the day where I can´t already understand how can anybody live with
that amount of money.... and in most of the cases more than 4 people live with this
amount for 1 month), maybe they can´t eat three times or as many as we want each
day, childrens that in a lot of situations have to work just to get a little bit of
money to buy the food of the day, money that for example we spend in expensive
clothing, party, travelling, cocktails, cafés, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

The only conclusion that I can get here is that life is not fair.., what I mean
is.., what makes me different.., what did I do, or what did they do, or who choose
why I´m where I am, and why one of those kids is where he is ? I mean, why amn´t I
in their position and they in mine? Or why aren´t we in the same situation?? It´s
just not fair...

Why everything needs to have two sides instead of only one???....for example black
or white, love or hate, happines or sadness, hot or cold, poor or rich, low or high,
vanilla or chocholate, friendly or unfriendly, ally or enemy, live or die, give or
take, construct or destruct, breathe or not breathe, ying or yang, kill or born,
down or up, left or right, good or wrong, hell and heaven, angel or deamon, proton
or electron, known or unknow....., why aren´t we in the same position ?? in the same
situation? In the same side? In the same edge? That would avoid a lot of conflicts
and wars.... The only answer that I find for this is that we need the balance to
LIVE, YESSSS !!! but at the same time a balance that is killing us !

Some people say that freedom is the ability to choose, yes I agree with that, but at
the same time I think that the ability to choose is somehow a curse in a world where
things are NOT well balanced, like ours.... I know that choosing makes the
difference, for good or bad..., but just take a look at it from this point of view..
How diferent the world would be if we wouldn´t need to make any choice at all in
our lifes..., for the simple reason that the "choice as choice" didn´t exist at all!
No choices !! which means..., a simpler life.., somehow untasty..., but without all
the sad things that we see today...., everybody on the same situation, a kind of
global comunism, but without a top, without a government, without a board, without
rich people, without poor people.... But I guess that in this "perfect" situation I
would also find people trying to take advantage of others, trying to get more from
the others..., which if he look in the long term will get as a result the same
situation that we have today...... So then I guess that the problem is not the
balance, it´s the human kind itself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know your pic makes your blog mis-placed?