Monday, July 11, 2005

Update from last week..

Ok, it started on saturday at 4:30 AM when I woke up after going to bed at 1:30 AM (not too much time to sleep) .., however I drove to the coast with Naty and some relatives and friends, a 8.5 hours drive, everything went ok, the road was ok, no problems at all. Arrived at 2:30 PM and then you can feel the amount of humidity that the air has...., personally I don`t like that too much..., in fact I like the warm weather but just for a couple of days, no more than that.., I consider myself a person that it`s prefered habitat is the cold weather, remember that.., cold weather is the key..
Ok Ok.., let`s continue with the story that I was writing before...
Started to read "Angeles & Demons" from the same author of the "Davinci Code".., what`s he`s name..., I can`t remember... ( I just googled it and it`s Dan Brown), and I really like the way he writes..., you can`t stop reading it, but I did, because I lend it to somebody else.., so I didn`t advance that much.., but I`ll continue this week.
Days passed quite normal, then on the 5th of july it was my birthday, my 24th year of life..., INCREDIBLE !! Celebrated with a brown cake with a yummy chocolate sauce and some marshmallows on it.. yummy again... Thanks to all of that who remembered it and in one way or another.
Did Scuba Diving..., awesome thing to do, but very scary at the begining..., I have to admit it.., I felt like a 100% beginer.., in fact I was a 100% beginer because the closest thing that I ever done closer to scuba diving is snorkeling. So as I was writing, the first time was very scary.., getting used to breath with the tank is easy but you don`t get used to it after a couple of minutes.., then learning how to go up and down wasn`t that easy..., and sometimes I got desperated.., but I said to myself "Just relax and enjoy..." and I did it.. That was not all of it.., I spent so much air, that happens when you`re scared, also it was a bit difficult to compensate at the begining but after a few times it was piece of cake... After 14 minutes of the inmersion I got a headache, not the best thing too feel down there because that added a little bit of terror to my scuba experience. The water was very cold, we went down to 80 feet`s.., that`s about 26,6 meters, and everything was very dark......, didn`t see too much animals though, but I did see a lot of corals and plants... I was diving with naty and other guy called Mauricio, at some point naty got out of air so she had to use my tank..., what a mess.., that was a little bit difficult at the begining because I wasn`t that used to the equipment and doing tricks and things under the water is not easy because everything has to be done through hand signals..., so you can`t be that descriptive..., I guess that an advanced scuba diver can, but that wasn`t my case. However.., naty started to breath from my tank, and while doing the maneuver she cut herself in the leg with a coral.., poor girl.., that did hurt !!! Ok, so the air run out very fast so finally and thanks to god with went to the surface..., and when we started to go up the water started to warm slowly, very slowly.., and I start to calm a little bit more myself.
What a headache !!! I was feeling a little bit weird but not that much.., anyway I was ok.
The next day we headed again to the see to do another inmersion, and I was scared..., I didn`t know if I should do it or not.., but I did it and that was the best one..., I was much more relaxed.., more confident...., enjoying it more..., no headache at all..., everything went just fine....
Didn`t see too much animals at all, but again the experience was veryyyyyyyyy cool.
Yesterday we drove back to Medellin..., we arrove here at 1:30 and I just falled asleep for the rest of the afternoon.

No comments: