Thursday, February 09, 2006

The sweet is not as sweet without the sour...

Some people says than when you get something throughout a lot of work you enjoy it much more than if you get it in an easy way...

So far I´ve been realizing that if I want something, and I get that something pretty easy I don´t enjoy it, or well, maybe I enjoy it for a while but it doesn´t last long..., to make my idea more clearer I´m going to use an example... Imagine that you´re playing a computer game, you´re in a level where you have to rescue the kidnaped princes (The usual game, huh?) by a very very evil character.... So you try and you try and you try and nothing, you´re not able to rescue her, you always get defeated by the evil guy........, you try for days until you manage to rescue her.... the result of it is that you enjoy it soooo much, you tell to all your friends, you tell them how you did it and how you learned to defeat the bad guy, so it creates a discussion and then you get calls from your friends asking you how you did it and soo and soo on........, the thing is that you went throughout a lot of stuff to learn how to defeat it.
Now let´s see the other face of the coin... You type a cheat code on the game and suddenly you defeat the bad guy and rescue the prince in a matter of seconds... The result? The game makes no sense now (At least for me)....., so my conclusion is that when things are easy they´re not as interesting as when they´re challenging........, I always want new challenges..., and that´s something that from one perspective it´s ok, but from another it isn´t...... The point that I want to make here is when is it going to end? When my life ends? When I get where I want to get ? I know that this last one is not the answer... ,because there´s always going to be another challenge..., and as human been happiness is only a uthopy, is something that doesn´t exist at all, or at least something that is continues..., what I mean is that you can reach it just for moments...., then it´s gone...., then it appears again..., it´s like a kind of balance.., just imagine you being happy all the time..., you won´t be able to realize what happiness is then because you haven´t tasted the sour and the ugly...., don´t having as a result a point of comparison. Then I realize that the sweet is not as sweet without the sour......., and if you taste the sweet for a long time eventualy you get tired of it so you´ll want to get some sour.., the same happens in the opposite direction.., so in order to keep things working a balance must exists..., and that´s what life is about.

No comments: