Friday, February 03, 2006

Sad....

It´s 6:02AM, I´m sitting on my car waiting for the traffic light to change....., usually in this place there´s a guy who sell candys, cigarretes and some groceries for living, I thing he got to the city because of the violence, sometimes he asks for money while he´s holding a piece of paper which says he´s story and why he needs money......
Well, so I looked to my right and saw this guy, 6:02AM in the morning, and I ask myself, what is he doing here at this time..., and at what time did he have to wake up to arrive here, because I´m pretty sure that he lives in the other side of the city...
He´s just sitting on a small box, looking to the infitie while he enjoys a cigarrete...., he´s wearing the same clothes as he wear almost every day...., I feel sad for him...., and at the same time I find myself useless at least for him at the moment..., I can give him some money, but it will only fix some of his problems for the day.., it won´t be a permanent solution..., and that´s the sad part of the story.., I mean, he can feed his family for one day, maybe for a couple of days, but what about the rest of the week? the rest of the month? the rest of the year?
Thousands of people are in the same situation right now..., and somehow I just feel useless because regargind that I´m doing something for it it´s not enough....., and it´s not fair that while most of us are having a good time, eating well or maybe at least having something to eat, going out and spending money on drinks, money that for this people will last for one week or two and not only for one person but for a few of them...., again that´s not fair. Sometimes I just feel so bad when I go out and at the end of the night when I pay the bill I realize that with this money a family that right now doesn´t have anything to eat could be eating maybe for a week..., again, that it´s not fair... I just feel bad about it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Run for Pope, tebis.