Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Good News from the Capital (Bogota)...

Well, finally I got my USA visa...., now the trip that was a little bit cloudly to NY is getting clearer and clearer, which is very good because first of all I have always wanted to get to know NYC, second that it opens for me a lot of new oportunities.., which is very very good.

Today I was very scared at that embassy....
To begin the story, I left home at 4:30 AM and headed to the airport, got there at 5:20 AM, my fligh was with Aerorepublica at 6:20AM, it was just on time.., so I arrove here at bogota at 7:00 AM, took a taxi and arrove to the embassy at 7:30..., since then I was there, doing just and simply nothing except thinking: Am I going to get the visa ? Am I not ? Finally at 4:00 PM I had the interview which in a beginning was schduled to 11:00 AM.
It´s sad to see a lot of people crying, making their dreams go away because of a simple visa..., because they didn´t get it. I think that I would have felt very very sad right now if I didn´t that visa...., however the destiny was good with me this time, not like 4 years ago when they said "I´m sorry sir, but I cannot give you a visa today..."
In the other hand, I was very positive that I was going to get it, my passport was full of visas and stamps from the last year of my trip to Europe.., I think that helped me a lot.

Well, right now I´m on the "Diners Club VIP Waiting Room" at the "El Dorado" airport writing this while I wait for my flight at 5:50 PM which initially was scheduled for 8:20 PM, but I did manage to change it.

I need to get home ASAP because I need to continue studying for Economics Enginnering first parcial exam tomorrow.., I´m not that bad at it.., but I need to study !!

Well, that´s all for now.....

---End of Transmision---

No comments: