Sunday, February 13, 2005

My thoughts as usual..

I was just thinking that long time ago, when the Internet arrove to my country, I signed for 10 internet monthly hours via the phone line. I used to divide that hours between reading news, downloading some "very small" programs, chatting, reading and writing email. All of that in just 10 hours.
The time passed and now I've a broadband connection which I can use 24/7 if I want for the same fee. It's just incredible...... how everything evolves... However, I've to admit that we have pretty slow connections here in Colombia already..., I hope we can get better connections in the near future.

Before leaving to Switzerland, I use to live in another neighborhood and as a matter of fact in another building. The point is that I became a very good friend of the gatekeeper there, and also helped him with a reasonable amount of problems, he was very poor..., I also got to know his son.., we did share a lot of time, and when I was away he always used to call to my parents to ask how I was doing. Yesterday I went there to see him, to say "Hey I'm back, how are you doing" ?? I parked the car in the street and walked to the gate, knocked a few times, however I couldn´t see anything because of the tint windows. A man opened the door ( I didn´t knew him), so I asked him if Miguel (That was the name of the Gatekeeper) was there..., he replied me: "Miguel died 2 weeks ago"..., I was in a kind of shock, didn´t know what to say.., I just couldn´t beleive it......., then I asked him for details..., also for a phone number, but he didn´t have one.., so I asked him if he could try to get it for me with the other emplyees of the building. I left my old house quite sad, bored and impressed. That´s life, I know.., but it doesn´t mean that it has to be easy to understand.

No comments: