Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Pieces of Esteban

It's 6:00 AM in the morning and I can't sleep anymore..., since the begining of this week I keep weaking up at this time and I definetively don't like it.
I arrove on the 14th of jan, and today is 19 of the same month. I'm posting today because somehow I feel that I've landed a little bit more.... I thought that arriving here was going to be easy, it wasn't. Confussion is the common denominator on my life right now. I would like it to be different, but I knew since the beggining that things weren't going to be easy.
Let's put some order here:
My main concern before flying was my luggage. I was carrying a big case, a big trolly cart, back pack, my laptop, and a messenger. Every single piece of this was very heavy, just imagine all the kind of things that you can carry after living 1 year in another country. Ok, so when I arrove to the counter, I checked in the big case, no big problem, it weighted 20 Kilos (I was allowed only with 20), she gave me my passboard and when I was leaving it, she saw my trolly car, then she told me that it was too big, so it wont fit on the plane, also that I shouldn't weight more than 8 Kilos, the fact is that she weighted it and it was 20 Kilos ! She told me then that I should take out some of it weight, to make the story shorter I reduce the weight to 10 Kilos and the rest I putted it on my backpack and on a lufthansa box that the woman gave me. Problem solved ! I took the flight Basel-Frankfurt without any other complication. At Frankfurt, when I was doing the check-in, the woman at the counter again told me that I wasn't allowed to carry all of my hand lugagge, that I should put some on the cargo area of the plane.., I'm sorry miss but I'm carrying a lot of computer equipment (also fragile) that if I put on the cargo area and get broken the airline won't pay for it, so then she told me: OK, just put all the luggage of the messenger on the backpack or something..., so I added more weight to my backpack and another problem solved. I took the 12 hours flight to Caracas.
After arriving in Caracas and waiting for 5 hours, I took the flight Caracas-Bogota thanks god without any complication...
At the airport, I took a cab and went to my cousin's place where I spent the night.
The next day I flew to Medellin....

When I arrove to Medellin, my mother didn't know that I was coming, so you can imagine her sourprise and hapiness when she saw me..., same for my grandparents, my father and one of my sisters.., that day was the best, everything was the way I expected and planned it.

On sunday we came to the city and I got to know my new house..., I liked it, however I felt like a complete foreigner on it... Now I'm getting more used to it.

Well, and my expectatives.., that's the twisted part..., it's like if I saw the light for 2 days and suddenly everything went dark... Too complicated to write about it already.

BUT finally I'm in my home town ! I like it !

No comments: