Friday, March 23, 2007

A message of my first cache !

This is an automated message from Geocaching
You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.Location:

Colombiadogracer couldn't find Tairona (Traditional Cache) at 3/17/2007Log Date:

3/17/2007
Well, I thought I could nab my first FTF ever with this cache, but not so. I climbed up to the top of the rocks overlooking the perfect Arricefes beach, and with a squad of 4 peeps checked every rock crack there was to find on the northern (sea facing) spur of rocks.
The GPS wasn't much help, with a 100 ft error ring.

We found what would have been good spots, but nothing there. While we were up there, we were nearly getting wet from water spashing up; so my best guess is that the sea washed this one away before it was ever discovered by another soul. Still worth the view to get up on those rocks - though we were warned that climbing up on those rocks is OFF LIMITS in Parque Tairona and if you are caught doing it you can get thrown out of the park. Anyway, I might advise other to just let this one go...

No comments: